15575Re: YAHHO on the PCT

  • Jeff
    Aug 29, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "seuss910" <wrv77@...> wrote:

      > I tried something similar with a BA Cross Mountain bag a year or
      so
      > ago. I put velcro (loop) strips on the edges of the bottom of the
      bag
      > at hip and shoulder spots....

      I've designed one of these but haven't bought the materials to
      prototype it yet. Basically, take a SPE and put a zipper down the
      edges but between the wings. At about the waist or knees, the
      zipper starts to "V" in towards the ankles. Here's the important
      part - the zipper is on separate sides, and one side has a
      slider...and the zipper is sized to match popular bags. So you
      could take a full-zip Western Mountaineering bag, and this modified
      SPE, and turn it into a ready-made winter hammock solution.

      Then when you're not in the hammock, you still have a full pad and
      normal sleeping bag.

      Jeff
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic