15573Re: YAHHO on the PCT

  • seuss910
    Aug 29, 2006
      I tried something similar with a BA Cross Mountain bag a year or so
      ago. I put velcro (loop) strips on the edges of the bottom of the bag
      at hip and shoulder spots. Then I put hook velcro on some duct tape
      tabs i had attached to CCF hip and shoulder wings. So I'd just slide
      a ridge rest into the BA sleeve, velcro the extensions in place, and
      sleep soundly and warmly all night long. At least, that was the plan.
      Any movement at night would pull the wings off and I'd stil wake up
      with cold spots. I haven't totally given up on the idea, but since I
      made meself an underquilt it's not been a priority. I think with
      wider/stronger velcro attachment points it could still be feasible.

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "farpost" <lsramos13@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Since
      > > adding SPE style wings won't work with the pad sleeve, I am
      > definitely
      > > going to reconsider the idea of adding a bottom with insulation.
      >
      > Why can't you sew SPE style wings to the outside of the BA sleeve?
      >
      > Jeff

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic