15559Re: [Hammock Camping] Buying from Wally world

  • Jeff
    Aug 28, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Bill III <theocles45@...> wrote:

      > Anyone have some good starting sizes?

      I've experimented with several different sizes, but I'm kinda settling
      into a starting piece that's 9.5' x 54". Kinda depends on the
      material, too - 1.1 oz stretches a lot so smaller sizes aren't as
      comfortable (shoulder squeeze). 1.9 oz doesn't stretch so much and I
      find it's more comfortable...worth the extra 2-3 oz for the hammock,
      IMO.

      FWIW, I'm 5'10" and currently on the heavy side of 185-200 lbs
      (hopefully coming down again)...

      Jeff
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic