15557Re: [Hammock Camping] Buying from Wally world

    Aug 28, 2006
      bill... i`d be interrested in hearing the widths & lenghts from more of the people here that have been making & using there own hammocks too... because i`m getting ready to make another hammock or two.
      but im leaning pretty heavy towards about 50" wide & 10' long.
      if you`d like to figure the actual weight of that material, ed`s book, "hammock camping" gives a simple method to do that. it`s got lots of helpful information in it.
      ...tim

      Bill III <theocles45@...> wrote:

      Hello, I can't say what the stuff is, But I bought two
      different types. One is a little thicker than the
      other. It seems to work great. But I need to trim the
      length and the width. Anyone have some good starting
      sizes? The thinner nylon? is still waiting for it's
      turn to be tested.