15477Re: HH on PCT report

  • Jeff
    Aug 23, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <jingram01@...> wrote:

      > Oops. My bad. I said something that is not true. I haven't read
      any
      > bad "reviews" of JRB or KAQ. The only comments that I took to be
      > negative were ones that I read or heard from people who had
      > experienced some frustration in adjusting the quilts for a proper
      fit
      > or weren't able achieve comfort at temperatures as low as they had
      > hoped for. I have read nothing but good comments about the quality
      > and performance of these quilts. If I knew how to edit my post, I
      > would delete that sentence all together!

      No worries - I was just wondering if there was something out there I
      haven't seen yet. Getting a good fit _is_ the toughest part about
      underquilts so I can see where you're coming from. Still more
      comfortable than CCF pads, IMO!!

      Btw - this is an email-based list so you can't edit posts. And
      don't worry about saying stupid things - this list is very forgiving
      about mistakes. I've done a few stupid things here myself... :p

      > Jeff, for the present I have only ordered the basic undercover/pad
      > and am going to give it a try before considering any additional
      > insulation. Of course, I will be carrying my CCF pad just in case
      for
      > the first few cold weather trials.

      Good call on the extra pad no matter what you're testing. I haven't
      heard of anyone actually using the extra HH pads except for the BGT
      testers so the standard system must be satisfactory for most folks.
      (At least the ones who post on the forums I read.) I guess they
      just bring extra insulation when the temp drops lower than the
      SuperShelter can handle.

      Anyway, be sure to post again when you get some experience with it -
      that's why we addicts keep coming back!

      Jeff
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic