15432Re: rope vs. tree hugger

  • jonas4321
    Aug 19, 2006

      > ... I think you will find this
      > varies with larger diameter trees with rough bark versus smaller
      > diameter trees with smooth bark. The smaller diameter trees with
      > smooth bark will benefit more since there is less friction per wrap
      > and my guess is that these are the trees that need more
      > consideration.

      Very true, I was thinking more along the lines of 8" diameter and
      larger trees, which are most often what I have been hanging on when I
      noticed the effect I described. I would imagine that smaller trees
      would indeed see more pressure on the subsequent wraps, since the rope
      or webbing is under more tension past the first turn. Good
      observation, thank you.
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic