15405Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: rope vs. tree hugger

  • Scott Macri
    Aug 17, 2006
      Not a problem. That's what I figured. I just wanted to be clear that I
      wasn't saying all rope is bad.

      Even the worst rope is still probably better than the damage caused by
      tents. In my hike leadership course, which I recently took, the instructor
      explained that if an area is frequently used by tents over a few days/weeks,
      the damage can take 10+ years to heal.

      He then discussed how grass is one of the best surfaces to pitch a tent
      because it only takes a few weeks/months to recover, sometimes even less.
      Grass is very robust. LOL

      --
      Scott A. Macri
      Trail Name: Mowgli