15403[Hammock Camping] Re: rope vs. tree hugger

    Aug 17, 2006
      Scott, sorry how my post appeared. I only meant to address the
      first paragraph specifically to you since you were using the
      Hennessy rope, the rest of it was in response to the accumulation of
      what has been said in this thread in an attempt to share my opinion
      on the issue of attaching hammocks to trees.

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Macri"
      <hacktorious@...> wrote:
      > "To cast any
      > type of rope as tree damaging because certain types of ropes damage
      > trees is stretching the truth. "
      > Please note in my post I was specifically referring to the rope on
      the HH
      > Ultralight Backpacker hammock. Also, I used the 4-wrap knot
      during these
      > tests. The rope may have been less than 30* and a bit taut.
      > The rain fly on the Hennessey Hammocks are attached to the
      suspension rope
      > and not tied to the tree with a different rope. This may or may
      not help
      > eliminate damage.
      > For me, it is much less hastle to use the suspension rope on the
      HH than