15401Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: rope vs. tree hugger

  • Scott Macri
    Aug 17, 2006
      "To cast any
      type of rope as tree damaging because certain types of ropes damage
      trees is stretching the truth. "

      Please note in my post I was specifically referring to the rope on the HH
      Ultralight Backpacker hammock. Also, I used the 4-wrap knot during these
      tests. The rope may have been less than 30* and a bit taut.

      The rain fly on the Hennessey Hammocks are attached to the suspension rope
      and not tied to the tree with a different rope. This may or may not help
      eliminate damage.

      For me, it is much less hastle to use the suspension rope on the HH than
      mess with the huggers. I was just trying to determine if it was
      worthwhile. In conclusion, I determined it is worth using the huggers
      because the rope on the HH Ultralight Backpacker causes too much damage to
      the tree.

      I was simply sharing my results with the group.