15397rope vs. tree hugger

  • Scott Macri
    Aug 17, 2006
      FYI:
      Just out of curiosity I did some testing this past week. I was testing my
      HH suspension rope, and comparing it to my tree huggers. I was trying to
      determine if the rope would damage the tree more than the hugger. By the
      end of testing I have determined the ropes caused significant damage to the
      tree when compared to the huggers.

      The huggers barely made any marks, where as, the ropes made several very
      noticeable impressions in the tree bark. Thicker ropes would most likely
      cause less damage than the thin ropes on the HH Backpacker Ultralight.

      --
      Scott A. Macri
      Trail Name: Mowgli