15223Re: [Hammock Camping] HH on PCT report

  • Scott Macri
    Aug 11, 2006
      I too take longer than I like to setup my hammock. I think we will get
      faster with experience. If I were you I would scrap the pad, mini stakes,
      mini biners and the extra set of straps. This will help lighten your load.
      I might even consider dumping the tyvec, but that's just me.

      Instead of using the pad you can stuff your extra clothes, rain gear and
      space blanket under, or above your underpad. You should put the bulky stuff
      under the underpad, and the thin light stuff above the underpad. You can
      even stuff some dead leaves and earth in the supershelter to add to the
      insulation.

      --
      Scott A. Macri
      Trail Name: Mowgli