15058Re: Hammock recommendation Amazon vacation midwest USA living

  • Coy
    Aug 2, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Rat" <hogn8r2004@...> wrote:

      > This could cover a lot of ground, but I'm just going to hit the
      > basics from my POV.
      >
      > Bug protection: You will need good bug protection in both
      locations.
      > The 'skeeters and biting flies in Canada will drive you BONKERS!
      For no fuss no muss set up the Hennessey Hammock
      > http://www.hennessyhammock.com/ is a great chioce. The bug net is
      > attached permanently and does a great job at keeping the buggers
      > out. Just make sure to get heavy enough cloth to keep them from
      > biting throuigh the hammock body, or use Permethrine, DO NOT USE A
      > DEET BASED REPELLENT, to keep 'em at bay. One app will be enough
      for many weeks.

      # I'm gona suggest that for a short period of time (2 weeks)it would
      be better to use some DEET if you find the non DEET stuff isnt
      working. I would take the spray kind over the liquid because it is
      easier to apply by yourself and you can keep it off your hands
      easier. Then for my face and hands I would uses on of the more
      friendly bug repellants. I would also use Pemethrin treated clothes
      but you may want to wear short pants and short sleeve shirts some.
      This would be the time for the spray DEET.

      BTW Dave had some insect repellant on our last trip that used one of
      th newer ingrediants used in europe for a while. Even friendlier
      than the non DEET stuff i have used. Maybe he will read this and
      supply the name...not only do I need glasses, my memory aint all
      that good.

      > Speer has a bug net option that is semi attached (Hook and Loop),
      > which is nice for the rain down-time. Rain=no bugs, remove bug net
      > and chill in the hammock while it passes.
      > http://www.speerhammocks.com/

      > Rat
      >
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "rangersedge"
      > <rangersedge@> wrote: