15003[Hammock Camping] Re: Gear hammock/pack cover

  • Keith
    Aug 1, 2006
      I don't think you want me to go....my wife gets pretty irritated when
      I chuckle at her 'bump in the night' phobias....:P

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Macri" <hacktorious@...>
      wrote:

      > OK, now I am starting to get scared. I have been listening to sound
      files
      > all day and was beginning to think it was Wolves, or Coyotes. It
      sounded
      > more like Wolves, but it was making some weird unidentifiably
      noises; maybe
      > it was both. That is until I heard these clips:
      > http://www.bfro.net/avevid/dennis/kiaftstps1.mp3
      > http://www.bfro.net/avevid/SierraSounds/Whoop.mp3
      >
      > YIKES....... Play them both at the same time and take out the knocking;
      > that my friends is what I heard. One of the sounds was kind of a
      scream,
      > which could likely be passed off as a Coyote, or Wolf. The knocking
      in that
      > mp3 makes me think it is a fake. There was more howling than
      whooping, but
      > there was definitely whooping like that. Everytime I play these
      clips I get
      > chills up my spine.
      >
      > I have to go back to that place to see what I can hear again. I
      will bring
      > a recorder. Do I have any volunteers willing to tag along. Not
      sure I am
      > up to going out there alone again. LOL
      >
      > --
      > Scott A. Macri
      > Trail Name: Mowgli
      > www.HikeHaven.com
      > http://360.yahoo.com/hacktorious
      >
      > On 8/1/06, Scott <scotth61@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Here is a link to some pretty eery sounds...
      > > http://www.bfro.net/REF/bfmedia.asp
      > >
      > > Maybe it *was* a Bigfoot! ;-)
      > >
      > > The "other" Scott (in Idaho)
      > >
      > > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      <hammockcamping%40yahoogroups.com>,

      <http://tinyurl.com/gzvqz>
      > > > Click the play sound link on the right side of the page. That is a
      > > spooky
      > > > sound.
      > > >
      > > > That is the closest thing I can find to the howling I heard, but it
      > > was a
      > > > little different. More like a wharewolf or something. LOL
      > > >
      > > > I found a lake about 3 miles from where I was camping, but it is
      on the
      > > > other side of a 3000 foot mountain. I am not certain it would carry
      > > that
      > > > far and sound so close.
      > > >
      > > > --
      > > > Scott A. Macri