15002Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Gear hammock/pack cover

  • Scott Macri
    Aug 1, 2006
      OK, now I am starting to get scared. I have been listening to sound files
      all day and was beginning to think it was Wolves, or Coyotes. It sounded
      more like Wolves, but it was making some weird unidentifiably noises; maybe
      it was both. That is until I heard these clips:
      http://www.bfro.net/avevid/dennis/kiaftstps1.mp3
      http://www.bfro.net/avevid/SierraSounds/Whoop.mp3

      YIKES....... Play them both at the same time and take out the knocking;
      that my friends is what I heard. One of the sounds was kind of a scream,
      which could likely be passed off as a Coyote, or Wolf. The knocking in that
      mp3 makes me think it is a fake. There was more howling than whooping, but
      there was definitely whooping like that. Everytime I play these clips I get
      chills up my spine.

      I have to go back to that place to see what I can hear again. I will bring
      a recorder. Do I have any volunteers willing to tag along. Not sure I am
      up to going out there alone again. LOL

      --
      Scott A. Macri
      Trail Name: Mowgli