15000Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: HH fly undercover link

  • Dick Matthews
    Aug 1, 2006
      A Jacks'R'Better 3 season set works for me down to 30. I sleep in
      expedition weight long underwear. Fleece retains loft inside the
      hammock much better than down, but does not block the wind. Drop
      Stopper rain gear can be added as a VB clothes.

      Dick Matthews
      Wheat Ridge, CO

      lakewood_matt wrote:

      >Seems like lots of ideas floating around here. I just have a simple question about warmth.
      >I live in Colorado where it frequently gets down to 30F at night. I tried my Big Agnes with
      >CCF in the hammock and it DID suck, especially after sleeping without it. Does anyone
      >have a simple idea for a warm sleeper that would work with my 30F down bag that would
      >keep my warm to about 30F. I really don't want to invest the time and money into anything
      >undercover-ish but would rather just have something inside. Does anyone know of a good
      >down underquilt that would accomadate my need for simplicity? Lots of great ideas in here
      >but i need and quick fix and don't have much time for experimentation. THANKS! Any
      >ideas are welcome.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic