14974Re: HH fly undercover link

  • Keith
    Jul 31, 2006
      Oh ok...cool. Well, it'll definitely be nice once I get a KAQ. But
      'till then, any cheap ideas? I guess I need something decent down to
      about 50 F. I do have a couple of sleeping bags I can use as
      overquilts too.

      That reminds me. As far as overquilts go, is there anything pre-made
      out there that's synthetic? I'm allergic to down. I like the Ray-way
      quilt, but I'm not really confident enough with my DIY skills to try
      something that complicated...

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <pulse_0ptional@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > How are they during fairly warm weather?
      >
      > I just hang mine looser so there's a gap between the underquilt and
      > hammock. That gap cools down...increase the gap to cool off even
      > more. Jack calls this "Opening the Windows" on the JRB website.
      >
      > That's the biggest downfall I see for insulated hammocks...you can't
      > adjust the insulation like with underquilts. But if you know the
      > insulated hammock is suited for conditions, you can't get any lighter
      > with anything I've seen posted so far.
      >
      > Jeff

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic