14973Re: HH fly undercover link

  • lakewood_matt
    Jul 31, 2006
      Seems like lots of ideas floating around here. I just have a simple question about warmth.
      I live in Colorado where it frequently gets down to 30F at night. I tried my Big Agnes with
      CCF in the hammock and it DID suck, especially after sleeping without it. Does anyone
      have a simple idea for a warm sleeper that would work with my 30F down bag that would
      keep my warm to about 30F. I really don't want to invest the time and money into anything
      undercover-ish but would rather just have something inside. Does anyone know of a good
      down underquilt that would accomadate my need for simplicity? Lots of great ideas in here
      but i need and quick fix and don't have much time for experimentation. THANKS! Any
      ideas are welcome.

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <pulse_0ptional@...> wrote:

      > Jeff- I just bought a CCF pad from Walmart to make a freezer bag cozy
      > out of. I think I've got enough left to make a two-section pad to go
      > under my hammock. Think that'd work with the fly/undercover idea?
      >
      > Also, I've been using a cheap fleece sleeping bag on the last couple
      > of trips I've taken. I was thinking, I could use the bag, or maybe
      > even just half of it, to add some comfort to an underpad? Maybe some
      > extra insulation, too? Thoughts?
      >

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff" <jwj32542@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I don't think I ever posted that I restored the link to the .pdf with
      > > instructions for turning the HH fly into an undercover. Here it is
      > > if'n yer innerstid.
      > >
      > > http://www.tothewoods.net/ImagesStayWarm/HH_UnderflyProject.pdf
      > >
      > > Jeff

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic