14970Re: HH fly undercover link

  • Keith
    Jul 31 2:52 PM
      I tried the pad in the hammock thing. It sucked. And I was using my
      Z-rest which is a LOT more comfy than the cheap CCF pad I got from
      walmart. Scratch that idea :P

      Sounds like you guys have used your underquilts in a lot of different
      conditions. How are they during fairly warm weather? I'd be afraid
      I'd get too hot. Although, even though I posted a thread on WB about
      cooling off in my hammock, the last few times I've used mine, my back
      (against the hammock body) has stayed really cool...much cooler than
      my top.

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <pulse_0ptional@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Well in that case, what would you recommend? Short of an
      > underquilt -
      > > I've got a KAQ in the works for the winter. I'm just trying to think
      > > of something cheap that would work in the somewhat cooler weather
      > > between now and then. And...what's DWR? I can usually figure out
      > the
      > > acronyms, but this one's escaping me...
      >
      > Either get an underquilt or put the pad inside the hammock with you.
      >
      > DWR is Durable Water Repellent. It's a treatment for ripstop nylon -
      > breathable, with varying degrees of water repellency. Some form of
      > DWR is used for most quality sleeping bags, quilts, etc.
      >
      > > Also, on the subject of underquilts. I don't have mine yet, so I
      > > don't know how easy it is to install and adjust, but it looks like it
      > > might be kind of a pain. I was thinking about just stuffing the
      > > hammock, with quilt attached, like a sleeping bag. It wouldn't
      > really
      > > be any harder to get out and hang that way. How do you work yours?
      >
      > Very easy to connect, and once it's connected you only have to make
      > minor adjustments with each setup. I use snakeskins and leave mine
      > attached, but just stuffing the whole thing in a stuff sack should
      > work fine.
      >
      > Jeff

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic