14933Re: Gear hammock/pack cover

  • Jeff
    Jul 30, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <pulse_0ptional@...>
      > ...the pack might be too heavy? What do you think?

      I don't think it'll be a problem...guess it depends on how much other
      stuff you have in there, though. Mine usually has about 5 lbs total
      in there, I guess...usually the pack, maybe a bottle of water, and
      whatever clothes I'm not using as pillows. That's about it.

      And I often sleep with my food. I don't like to put it in the Gear
      Hammock b/c I want to know if a critter's trying to get at it, so I'll
      tie it to the ridgeline and let it sit just inside the foot or head of
      the HH. I know it's a no-no but I've never had a problem with it
      yet. Guess when a bear comes sniffing I'll change my tune... :-o

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic