14337RE: [Hammock Camping] Marta sighting in Maine!

    Jul 7, 2006
      Wow Rick, glad to hear Marta is doing well. But sorry to hear about your
      fall-it couldn't have been much fun walking with that spiral fracture!
      Guess that screws up a lot of things-but at least now you have the perfect
      excuse to stay home & be a couch potato for the rest of the summer. In 01,
      I remember meeting an equally unlucky hiker who'd also taken a nasty fall in
      the Wilderness & was holed up in one of the shelters hoping to recover
      enough to walk out. He had a serious head injury & other hikers left food
      for him & his two companions-since I never heard otherwise, I'm guessing he
      made it out OK. Where did you come out? If it was only 5 miles, you were
      lucky. Although it may not sound like much comfort right now, it's good to
      know you were able to rely on your own skills & abilities after an
      experience like that. And now you'll have plenty of time to plan your next
      hike!!...Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc