14290Re: Catenary Modification

  • Rat
    Jul 2, 2006
      I use about 1 inch of sag per linear foot tarp. Somer of the *Real*
      tarp builders have a formula and all that. I used their stuff and just
      rounded to the nearest inch. So for a 10 foot tarp you would have a 10
      inch sag right in the middle (at 5 feet) and then taper out to the
      ends. It has worked well for my tarps so far.

      Also, you can use a 5 foot wall and either fold the tarp in half or
      just do one side at a time. It may be hard to find ten feet of clear
      wall.

      Rat

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "sebastiantoney" <funbun2@...>
      wrote:

      > I'm thinking of modifying my tarp. I have an 10 x 10 A-frame tarp; I
      > want to add a curve to the parallel side to help decrease sag. How do
      > I go about making a mod like that?

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic