14144Re: HH supershelter experiences sought

  • kbwaddy
    Jun 16, 2006
      hey brian, if you are expierencing the same thing i sometimes feel, it may help
      to use a ccf pad in the hammock. this seems to keep the hammock from
      squeezing so much on the sides of your shoulders. it makes the hammock
      feel flatter(from side to side, not so much lengthwise). also try throwing one of
      your arms up over your head and resting your head on your forarm. this
      seems to help too. hope that helps...Brandon

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Bill in Houston" <
      zippydooda@...> wrote:

      > Could you sleep on your side? Would that help?
      >
      > Bill in Houston
      >
      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Lewis" <brianle@>
      > wrote:
      > > I tried another variation of sleeping in it again last night (as a
      > > hammock), so your last comment about "more comfort" really grabbed my
      > > attention. Despite the above, the primary attraction for me is the
      > > flexibility of finding a camping spot; I'm still not sold on the
      > > "comfort" part yet. It can be comfortable for limited periods. After
      > > 3 different nights, I'm finding that when I sleep on my back
      > > (otherwise the most comfortable), after several hours of having my
      > > shoulders rounded forward I end up with a sort of minor pulled muscle
      > > feeling in between the shoulders near the spine.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic