14105Re: HH supershelter experiences sought

  • chcoa
    Jun 14, 2006
      Brian,

      You may already be doing this but it's really helpful to make sure
      the head end of the hammock is slightly lower than your foot end.
      This helped me right away nad I was having some of the same types of
      pains as you mentioned on my first few nights.

      jamie in az

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Lewis" <brianle@...>
      wrote:

      > Bill asked: "Could you sleep on your side? Would that help?"
      >
      > Sure, part of the time (I do), but I don't think I'd be happy
      > side-sleeping all night --- or even be *able* to sleep all night
      that
      > way (I suspect I'd shift when not [fully] conscious).
      >
      > Sleeping on my back seems to be the most natural thing in a
      hammock.
      > Unlike ground (or bed) sleeping, however, it's not so
      > black-and-white, i.e., you can sleep in a position that's partway
      > between "on your back" and "on your side". The more "on my back"
      > am, I think the more my upper-mid back starts to get sore over time
      > --- based on pretty limited experience.
      >
      > If I stick with this and get the long-term experience some of
      you "old
      > timer" hammock campers have, maybe I'll eventually figure this
      out!
      > <grin> In any event, I sure do appreciate the feedback (I'd
      rather
      > learn from someone *elses* pain and suffering!)
      >

      > Brian

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic