13937Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock support/ webbing strength?

  • Joe Federici
    Jun 1, 2006
      For a trouble free answer just buy the webbing from Ed. I bought some
      to make longer tree huggers for my H.H. He sells it buy the foot.

      JFF

      On Jun 1, 2006, at 1:25 PM, danefliedner wrote:

      Howdy-- I have a related (sorta) question. I have a HH but have
      recently bought Ed Speer's book to play around with making some
      hammocks...(mostly so I can go with my kid, so I have taken
      inspiration from Jeff's site with what he has done for his boys).
      Anyway, in Ed's book he recommends 1" polypropylene webbing tested to
      like 600 pounds. OK fine, but when I checked on OWF, Quest, etc, they
      don't list the breaking strength of the webbing, only the width and
      whether it is a loose vs tight weave, etc. How does one know the
      difference in break strength to order the right stuff? I don't want to
      buy the low break stuff and have a hammock disaster. Any wisdom?
      Thanks! Dane

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      ▪  Visit your group "hammockcamping" on the web.

      ▪  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

      ▪  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
      Service.