13937Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock support/ webbing strength?
- Jun 1, 2006For a trouble free answer just buy the webbing from Ed. I bought some
to make longer tree huggers for my H.H. He sells it buy the foot.
On Jun 1, 2006, at 1:25 PM, danefliedner wrote:
Howdy-- I have a related (sorta) question. I have a HH but have
recently bought Ed Speer's book to play around with making some
hammocks...(mostly so I can go with my kid, so I have taken
inspiration from Jeff's site with what he has done for his boys).
Anyway, in Ed's book he recommends 1" polypropylene webbing tested to
like 600 pounds. OK fine, but when I checked on OWF, Quest, etc, they
don't list the breaking strength of the webbing, only the width and
whether it is a loose vs tight weave, etc. How does one know the
difference in break strength to order the right stuff? I don't want to
buy the low break stuff and have a hammock disaster. Any wisdom?
YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
▪ Visit your group "hammockcamping" on the web.
▪ To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
▪ Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>