13803Re: late spring hike somewhere...

  • Coy
    May 16, 2006
      Sounds like a great hike. Your right about the couples hammock.

      the trease floatingdome2 from

      would work but at 12 lbs it dont make a lot of sence except for
      maybe car camping or a short hike in and base camping. plus it is
      not a regular production item and no price was mentioned but going
      from the price of the FlyingBivy at $549 i bet it is pretty steep.

      The Dryad from

      might work but is advertized for 1. I imagine you would end up
      rooling into each other too much. but it weights 6 lbs so is more
      in line with a 2 man tent. still a might heavy for a thr-hike but
      might be worth a try for a shorter hike. I would try it at home
      first though.

      Coy Boy

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce W. Calkins"
      <blackwolfe@...> wrote:
      > We hiked Three Forks to Auger Gap, (About 1.75 miles North of
      Woody Gap.)
      > April 9 through April 22. We then split up and the two "slow"
      hikers went
      > back to Woody Gap while I went around Blood Mountian to get the
      car. It
      > RAINED all three nights. Two nights were spent in shelters and
      the last
      > night was under my tarp. We spent night one at Hawk Mountian
      Shelter with a
      > pair of Northbounders. They plan to stop when it gets to be no
      fun. If
      > they keep having fun, then to the big K. Also there, was an Ohio
      Family of
      > six. The kids each had Hennesy A-sim's, the parent's tarped.
      (We've GOT to
      > figure out a workable couples hammock. ;) They planned on four
      > maybe Harpers Ferry.
      > Bruce W. / Black Wolfe
      > Coy Writes;
      > Thanks guys, So what section did yall hike? Mark, was your son
      > you?
      > > I did not see one or any mention of one two weeks ago. Nor did I
      > > collect a ticket over three nights parked there.
      > >
      > > Bruce W. / Black Wolfe
      > >
      > > > I didn't look for a box at Neals Gap -- we didn't park there
      > > > summer.
      > > > Mark
    • Show all 33 messages in this topic