13665Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Momentum 90 fabric

  • Joe Federici
    May 3, 2006
      I generally call in my orders and spoke with the owner, sorry can't
      think of his name. Anyway we were both very impressed with the momentum
      fabric and he said he's used it in down bags. I'm admittedly new to
      sewing and fabric so I can compare it to others I haven't worked with.
      All of the online fabric places I found have very helpful people that
      know there products well. I'd give them a call and see what they think.
      Most will send free samples as well. The other fabric I was looking at
      was similar to what's used for rain gear. As it turned out the weight
      was just to high for what I needed.

      JFF
      On May 3, 2006, at 12:13 AM, kbwaddy wrote:

      i too am planning an under quilt, and am looking into different
      fabrics.  what
      was the other fabric you were thinking about using? mine will be made
      of
      some of ed's down, so i probably couldn't use silnylon due to
      breathability.
      looked on the thru hiker site after i read your post. did you look at
      the nextec
      epic fabric? it's described as waterproof breathable, which would put
      it in a
      category with gore tex, but it's not a waterproof/ breathable
      membrane, it said
      the threads were coated. i'm wondering how breathable this stuff is
      compared
      to regular dwr. it said you could use it for sleeping bags. does
      anyone have
      any experience with this stuff?

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Joe Federici <joefederici@...>
      wrote:

      > I just bought some Momentum 90 fabric from thru-hiker and was
      wondering
      > if anyone has thought about using if for an under quit wind/rain
      > protector. I had planed to use something different but now think this
      > would work better due to it's super light weight and breathability.
      It
      > also has a much nicer finish then sil nylon.
      >
      > JFF

      Camping hammock
      Camping food
      Rv camping
      Gsi outdoors
      Happy camper
      Outdoors

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      ▪  Visit your group "hammockcamping" on the web.

      ▪  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

      ▪  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
      Service.