Skip to search.

13659Re: Brands of Hammocks

  • Coy
    May 2, 2006
      I have an HH Expedition and it is a fine hammock. I think "Bear" in
      Fl uses the Mosquito (not sure if it's the Expedition) and really
      likes it. I would also look at the Speer for the simple reason that
      it makes a great chair and works better with the Pea Pod or sleeping
      bags pulled over it. As for the rain fly, you can order a HH Safari
      rian fly with any modle and it will just cost what the differance is,
      not the cost of a seperate fly. But the zippered bug neeting would
      still give the nod to the Mosquito. In the end, you will just have to
      decide what is most important for your style of camping.

      Coy Boy

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Crockett" <gary@...>
      wrote:

      > Getting ready for a week long backpacking trip through the Wind River
      > Range in Wyoming.
      >
      > Have narrowed my choice down to a Hennessy Expedition , or, slightly
      > leaning towards, Mosquito Expedition as I like the full length zipper
      > attaching the netting to the hammock, the larger rain fly, and the
      > double hammock with pocket.
      >
      > Any help making the decision, i.e. free advise??
      >
      > Thanks!

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic