13658Re: Momentum 90 fabric

  • kbwaddy
    May 2, 2006
      i too am planning an under quilt, and am looking into different fabrics. what
      was the other fabric you were thinking about using? mine will be made of
      some of ed's down, so i probably couldn't use silnylon due to breathability.
      looked on the thru hiker site after i read your post. did you look at the nextec
      epic fabric? it's described as waterproof breathable, which would put it in a
      category with gore tex, but it's not a waterproof/ breathable membrane, it said
      the threads were coated. i'm wondering how breathable this stuff is compared
      to regular dwr. it said you could use it for sleeping bags. does anyone have
      any experience with this stuff?

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Joe Federici <joefederici@...>
      wrote:

      > I just bought some Momentum 90 fabric from thru-hiker and was wondering
      > if anyone has thought about using if for an under quit wind/rain
      > protector. I had planed to use something different but now think this
      > would work better due to it's super light weight and breathability. It
      > also has a much nicer finish then sil nylon.
      >
      > JFF

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic