13634Re: [Hammock Camping] Intro / Hammock cloth

  • jwj32542
    Apr 30, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "fin24000" <fin24000@...>
      wrote:

      > OK well I will go pick some up in a few days and tell you how it
      > turns out and I am planing on a 2 layer hammock so Thanks for the
      > help =).

      You can probably use 1.1oz if you're making a two layer hammock. I
      made a single-layer hammock with it...kinda dicey. It holds me just
      fine but I don't think it'll be very durable.

      I usually use untreated ripstop nylon instead of DWR for the hammock
      body...just think it feels better, and it's much easier to find at
      Walmart. My insulation provides the wind resistance.

      I think my next down hammock will be two layers of 1.1oz for the
      body, just because I don't have any 1.9oz downproof. Should be much
      stronger than a single layer because the top layer won't have any
      horizontal seams to weaken the body.

      Jeff
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic