13633Re: [Hammock Camping] Intro / Hammock cloth

  • fin24000
    Apr 30, 2006
      OK well I will go pick some up in a few days and tell you how it
      turns out and I am planing on a 2 layer hammock so Thanks for the
      help =).

      Aaron.

      > welcome to the group aaron. you can find nylon or polyester on the
      $1.00 rack at wallmart, but figuring out the exsact weight right
      there in the store is a guessing game, especialy when your just
      starting to really put your hands on the stuff. but it`s so cheap
      that you won`t be out of much cash if you buy 2 or 3 pices (4 yards
      each) of slightly differant fabrics & take them home to weigh them.
      > i don`t think that ed would mind me (or someone else here)
      typing out the instructions for figuring the weight per sq yard. i`ll
      wait for a reply first. but in ed`s book "hammock camping", he lays
      out an easy method for doing that. of course there`s a ton of other
      useful info there that you`d just have to buy the book to get.
      > you may have seen a recent post where rick suggests no less
      than 1.9 (i think) for a single layer hammock.
      > you`ll find lot`s more info on hammock making at speerhammocks,
      or imrisk, or tothewoods. ...tim

      > fin24000 <fin24000@...> wrote:
      > OK to start. Hi, my name is Aaron. I live in Texas (with all the
      nice
      > trails(lol) and I have been a member here for a bit (I have learned
      > alot) and I found the group from "Backpacking Talk" group and I
      have
      > been working on geting stuff to make my own hammock and was wanting
      > know what the best cloth to use is (cheep to) it dose not need to
      hold
      > more then 250lb but it needs to be strong, so I was just wanting to
      > know what all of you thought would be best.
      >
      > Aaron.

      > Camping hammock Camping food Rv camping Gsi
      outdoors Happy camper Outdoors

      Service.