13611Re: [Hammock Camping] Hennessey Hammock Water Collection System(Funnels)

  • Johan van Dijk
    Apr 27, 2006
      I used a DIY funnel on this and try to solve the small debris problem that
      was on the tarp and washed into my platypus by putting some mosquito netting
      between the two screw-on caps from a coke bottle or similar while I was
      going through jungles of Central America (Guatemala and Honduras).

      This method worked okay for me, it rained sufficiently at times ;-)

      With a lot of rain, a drip stopping wire *MIGHT* double function to keep the
      water off your hammock line into your bottle?!? Probably a hell of a lot
      lighter too.... Mmmm will play with this whenever I get an opportunity (will
      take too long unfortunately).

      I think I put some pics on (go to the photo section and look at
      gonewalkabout2003 ) Not sure if this is clear to you or not. The first pic
      is of the second method, just the caps, without the funnel (didn't work too
      good) but it shows the mozzie netting better. Just shout if you need
      clarification.

      Hope this helps

      Grtz Johan

      mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63