13608Re: [Hammock Camping] Hennessey Hammock Water Collection System(Funnels)

  • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
    Apr 27, 2006
      > Is anyone using the New Hennessy Hammock Automatic Fly Tensioner
      > and
      > Water Collection System, eg the funnels that you put on your water
      > bottles for water collection. Do the funnels work well, and have
      > you
      > found any problems using them?

      While I've never used the actual HH product, I have toyed with the
      idea before. I found that the water I collected had to be filtered
      before it could be used because of debris that fell from the trees
      overhead. I never drank the water because because of a foam
      (surfactant?) that seemed to be coming from my silnylon tarp. I never
      used this method to tension my tarp but it might work well for this.
      YMMV.

      Brian
      T-BACK
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic