13593Re: [Hammock Camping] upper 60s

  • Bill in Houston
    Apr 26, 2006
      Scott,

      I think a tube sounds like a good idea. I do think that the skeeters
      will bite you through the net and the hammock material anyplace they
      get the chance. Sooo, you might want to put permethrin on the
      hammock fabric, OR make sure that your evazote is always between you
      and the skeeters anyplace where your skin touches the hammock
      fabric. I hope I am making sense. If not, ask and I'm sure I can do
      better.

      The setup you described sounds good to me. I am wondering if on hot
      nights you might end up ditching the evazote. Still, I think that
      that setup would work for at least half the year.

      Some types of rope may be lighter than webbing, if you are really
      trying to get weight down.

      Bill in Houston

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Schroeder"
      > I might try making a tube then. The bugs get pretty thick down here.

      > Currently I am thinking of making a 'Zhammock' with 1.1 ripstop
      > whipped, a bugnet tube, thin evazote pad, and 1" webbing. That will
      > make a nice summer (half the year) hammock here in texas. Anywhere I
      > can save even more weight? maybe the webbing?
      > Thanks
      > Scott
      > Enjoy your stay in S.A. ;)

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic