13590Re: [Hammock Camping] upper 60s

    Apr 26, 2006
      Scott Schroeder wrote:
      >>The LiteHammock was an inbetween version that was described on the
      >>Hammock group, but not put out on the website.
      >>
      >>I think The best way to attach the bugnet is to just have a piece of
      >>velcro attached to a central strip of grosgrain and loop that strip
      >>around the support webbing or rope at each end. The sides of the bugnet
      >>just hang over the hammock. That is what I presently do with all my
      >>current hammocks.
      >

      > I think I can visualize that, but not sure how you are attaching it to
      > the support webbing. With the net just hanging over the sides no bugs
      > get in?

      True. I once had an afternoon and evening with small "sweat bees" that
      were everywhere at Spy Rock in Virginia. A couple of those bees worked
      their way into the habitable space. Mosquitoes almost never have. I
      don't have enough experience with black flies to say how the unattached
      netting will work with them.

      >>BTW, I would not presently use anything except one of the WarmHammocks.
      >> They are drier, and more comfy than the other designs. My personal
      >>hammock right now has a sack of 4 oz of down under the hammock in a pad
      >>that measures about 40 inches wide and 44 inches long.
      >>
      >>I used it to the mid twenties on my hike two weeks ago, though it feels
      >>better in the 30s than the twenties. In the twenties, it feels much
      >>better with a single layer of closed cell foam in additon to the feathers.
      >

      > Would you use it even in the 60s and 70s?

      Yes. But I would be using the mosquito net instead of my travel pod,
      and I would be using a lighter weight quilt with an inch of insulation
      instead of 3 inches.