13574Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: upper 60s

  • Scott Schroeder
    Apr 25, 2006
      On 4/25/06, Bill in Houston <zippydooda@...> wrote:

      > I made it to about 60 degrees (but felt a little chilly) without a pad
      > one night. I was using a cheeeep "40 degree" synthetic bag ($10 bucks
      > at Academy) as a quilt and tucked it under me in the cold spots. It
      > provided enough insulation even in its compressed state to let me sleep.
      >
      > My hammock is double layered. If I had had some 1/8 evazote I would
      > have put it between the layers vs trying to tuck the bag under me,
      > because the evazote would have been warmer, I think.
      >
      > Bill in Houston

      Yea, I made it fine without anything under me, but it would have been
      a little more comfortable with some warmth. I like the idea of having
      the padding in between layers.....
      ahh work to do.
      I still need to get a ridgeline and bugnet on my speer hammock.
      Scott
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic