13381Re: [Hammock Camping] modify hennessey bugnet?

  • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
    Apr 6, 2006
      > Dawn Harkins <dawnhark@...> wrote:
      > This is a question for all you experienced
      > gear-modifiers out there: Have any of you altered a
      > Hennessey (mine's the UL Backpacker Asym) so that the
      > netting is removable?

      Dawn,

      I removed the netting from my HH because I have a back injury and
      entering through the slit was painful. I now use it as a "top loader"
      for canoe trips (I use a lighter homemade hammock for backpacking). I
      now just attach netting to the ridgeline and let it drape over the
      sides. Another option would be a velcro closure. I have also sewn a
      small sleeve on the inside of the hammock at the tieout points. This
      allows me to use easton poles to hold the hammock open. Now I can
      rock myself to sleep.

      Brian
      T-BACK
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic