13344Re: [Hammock Camping] modify hennessey bugnet?

    Apr 4, 2006
      dawn... i removed the netting from my friend`s HH w/ the intention of sewing velcro around the edges so it could be used if needed. but i never have got around to adding the velcro.
      most of my time is spent in the mountians of nc, & fortunately i rarely have enough broblems w/ flying insects to want to use a net. but i`m sure the time will come. so when i do add velcro to the HH, i`ll let you know how it goes.
      the HH seemed to work great w/o the net, though i haven`t spent much time in it. i need to get it from my friend & use it to see what`s what.
      the idea w/ removing the net was that my friend (jerome) & i both liked the way the HH layed but didn`t care to be enclosed by netting unless it was actualy needed.
      i`ll borrow it again & play around more, then get back w/ you.
      and the hot water bottles... yeah!!! i don`t know why i wated so long to try that on my cold toes! ...tim

      Dawn Harkins <dawnhark@...> wrote:
      This is a question for all you experienced
      gear-modifiers out there: Have any of you altered a
      Hennessey (mine's the UL Backpacker Asym) so that the
      netting is removable?

      Dawn in Tahoe

      Do You Yahoo!?

      tim garner