13334Re: What,s the best underquilt for a Hennessy Hammock?

  • David Wills
    Apr 4, 2006
      I modified my rayway quilt to be an underquilt. I undid the footbox
      seam and added 18" velcro closure. This partially closed blocks off
      escaping air. Drawstrings may work better, but I found that a mirage
      style over/underquilt is the best option. I made mine 60" wide and 8
      ft. long. The extra 6" wide and 20" long compared to the rayway quilt
      aleviate the need for a top quilt saving weight. I made mine out of
      1.3" primaloft, but a few layers of p3d would work too. I have taken
      it down to 35* before a chill starts to take effect. I sleep hot
      though. It weighs about 38 oz and doesnt require much cutting or patterns.
      Just my 2 cents
      David with no trailname

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Torsha P." <torpo23@...> wrote:

      > What's up Y'alll,
      >
      > In an effort to warm up my nights in my HH I've decided to take the
      > plunge and construct myself an underquilt.
      >
      > Which is the best one in your opinion and are there any websites that
      > have good intructions on constructing one?
      >
      > Thanks!
      > torpo
      > skree-fer

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic