13326Re: [Hammock Camping] masked invaders visit my hammock

  • tanpuma
    Apr 3, 2006
      > > for a coon. now he understands why i sometimes refer to them as
      > > mini-bears.

      I have never had probs with bears but raccoons--yes. since we aren't
      in a tent, the raccoons are brave enough to skulk closer. One
      unzipped my dog's pack ( was hung in a tree but not suspended bear
      style) dragged it 30 feet away and ate a few pounds of kibble.
      How did I not hear? How did pup not hear all this?

      Yes, even when not in bear areas I now bear bag everything.

      At least he didn't eat a hole through the fabric.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic