13321Re: [Hammock Camping] What,s the best underquilt for a Hennessy Hammock?

  • Joe Federici
    Apr 3, 2006
      You might check if Ed or some of the fabric sites like Thru-hiker offer
      directions or a kits. The under quilt is basically a rectangular quilt
      with a slit where the opening is and some draw strings. I would think
      you could modify a regular quilt pattern from a fabric store like
      Jo-ann fabric. Construction and fabric type are another story.

      JFF

      On Apr 3, 2006, at 3:59 PM, Torsha P. wrote:

      JRB's 3 season set is a bit out of my budget...any advice on the type
      you can make on your own?

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Joe Federici <joefederici@...>
      wrote:

      > I was out 2 weekends ago and used JRB's 3 season set  and it got
      down
      > to around 20. I can't say it was the warmest I've ever been but
      when
      > you consider it's only rated to 30 it's really good. I've since
      learned
      > a few things and would have brought another bag, pad or some type
      bivy.

      > The only real cold spot was my feet and a pair of down slippers
      would
      > have cured it.
      >
      > JFF
      >

      > On Apr 3, 2006, at 11:35 AM, Torsha P. wrote:
      >
      > What's up Y'alll,
      >
      >   In an effort to warm up my nights in my HH I've decided to take
      the
      >   plunge and construct myself an underquilt.
      >
      >   Which is the best one in your opinion and are there any websites
      that
      >   have good intructions on constructing one?
      >
      >   Thanks!
      >   torpo
      >   skree-fer
      >

      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >
      >       â–ª        Visit your group "hammockcamping" on the web.
      >
      >       â–ª        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
      >
      >       â–ª        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
      Terms of
      > Service.

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS