13246Re: [Hammock Camping] masked invaders visit my hammock

    Mar 27, 2006
      the guy w/ me was amased that the coon was strong enough to drag a pack, even though it was near empty. i told him that was no problem for a coon. now he understands why i sometimes refer to them as mini-bears.

      opnheartscrub@... wrote: .Once I was camping in a well used site in Ocala NF. I unloaded my
      pack and walked about 20 yards to fetch some water. A raccoon grabbed
      my clothing bag and and started running through a patch of thick scrub
      brush. He only gave up after it snagged on a branch. I found him
      trying to release the cordlock and scared him off. It was funny after
      I got my clothes back.

      Brian
      T-BACK

      tim garner