13235Re: ENO Hammock Reviews?

  • Ray
    Mar 27, 2006
      >I enjoy the versatility of the 3 component
      >set up which allows me to adapt to the time
      >of year (bugs or no bugs), place I'm at, and
      >weather conditions of the moment.

      Chris, That's exactly why I was at this as a possible camping hammock,
      because I can use it by itself for just hanging around, and add the
      rest of the gear for camping.

      The Hennessey Hammocks' bug-net doesn't come off does it?

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "wootres4" <chriswootres@...>
      wrote:

      > I have no basis for comparison, but I love my ENO double nest (DN).
      > Being a long time tent camper, I converted to hammocks because of
      > this group. Now I'm a little disabled and can't sleep on the ground
      > anymore, the marriage of hammocks and my love of the outdoors was a
      > match made in heaven.
      >
      > My DN is very easy to put up and the tree huggers (they call them
      > slap straps) are very strong, secure, and a breeze to tie up. The
      > bug net is just as easy to erect. I have to say the line provided
      > by ENO was very quickly replaced because it was too short. I also
      > had trouble manipulating the small diameter of the ridge line with
      > stiff fingers at night, and replaced it with parachute cord. The
      > extra couple of tie downs on the fly is no big deal and I use their
      > tent pegs because they are strong and very very light.
      >
      > If I had a complaint it would be the trouble I have getting the bug
      > net back into the stuff sack. Other than that I enjoy the
      > versatility of the 3 component set up which allows me to adapt to
      > the time of year (bugs or no bugs), place I'm at, and weather
      > conditions of the moment.
      >
      > As I said, I have no basis for comparison but my trips are there-
      > stay-back and no longer than 2-3 days so I don't find weight all
      > that much of an issue.
      >
      > For the DN owners; I use a ridge line of 102 inches to hang things
      > like my light and glasses from. This also sets my perfect hang
      > every time.
      >
      > I'd love to try other hammocks but no one else around here uses them
      > and I don't feel compelled to lay out the cash to just try various
      > varieties. Till the opportunity comes my way I'll live contently
      > with my double nest.
      >
      > CHRIS
      >

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ray" <raydiaz8@> wrote:
      > >
      > > http://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.com/hammock-shelter-system.html
      > >
      > > Does anyone have any info on this setup?
      > >
      > > I like the fact that the bug-net is completely separate from the
      > > hammock. -- If you remove it you're left with a regular old
      > hammock...
      > >
      > > Thanks.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic