13233Re: [Hammock Camping] ENO Hammock Reviews?

  • Ray
    Mar 27, 2006
      Hey Tim,

      I just bought an ENO Single. I don't use it for camping though. I
      bought it to take to the parks, (and the water park gazebos) when I go
      out with the wife and kids.

      I like the construction of the hammock, but I have no experience with
      hammock camping yet so I wanted to know what experienced people
      thought about their camping accessories.

      About the carabiners: I took them off too. Also, it comes with a water
      knot on the cord at the end of the hammock. I used a Fisherman's Bend
      instead. Then I use an Albright knot to attach a 6mm Prusic Cord to
      that which I leave connected and fits right in the hammock bag.

      I'm thinking of just replacing the whole thing with a Double
      Fisherman's in a loop at the end of the rope since I never take it off
      anyway.

      Thanks for the info Tim.

      > i love my EN double. they list it at 22 ozs on there web site, but
      i`ve made a few modifications to mine.
      > first i did away w/ the binners that came w/ it. one began
      to bend.
      > i also added velcro down each side. this can be used to attach
      bug net, or under quilt. i also added snake skins.
      > i don`t recall the weight as it is now, but i suspect it`s not
      much differant than before. but to weigh it, i`d have to go into my
      bed room, take the quilt, pillow, & air mat out. i`ve been sleeping
      in a hammock (mostly the ENO) for about a year now.
      > one thing i like about the ENO hammock is the fabric. someone
      recently was asking here if anyone knew of a source for that type
      fabric. if anyone finds it, i`d like to know. ...tim

      > Ray <raydiaz8@...> wrote:
      > http://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.com/hammock-shelter-system.html
      >
      > Does anyone have any info on this setup?
      >
      > I like the fact that the bug-net is completely separate from the
      > hammock. -- If you remove it you're left with a regular old hammock...
      >
      > Thanks.

      Service.