13220Re: Hammock straps stretchhhhh problem on Pea Pod

  • Rat
    Mar 26, 2006
      I don't know what kind of "special knot" you are using, but if it is
      a Taught-line hitch you can just add another cord tied above the
      hitch and when it gets too tight, just pull the second cord to slide
      the hitch back towards the hammock. That way you don't need to get
      out every time.

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "ghman777" <ghman777@>
      wrote:

      > > Got my Pea Pod fastened to my hammock hanging straps. I get my
      Pod
      > > snugged just right under me by sliding the Pea Pod end strings
      up my
      > > hammock support straps with a special knot that stays tight
      after
      > > sliding it. But during the night my hammock hanging straps keep
      > > stretching under my weight which compresses the bottom
      insulation of
      > > the Pea Pod making my bottom end cold. Get out- readjust the
      Pod, hop
      > > in... 2 hrs later.. get out.. readjust.. argggg. Surprisingly,
      the Pod
      > > strings dont move equally with the stretch of the hammock
      straps. Is
      > > there a 'no stretch' strap or rope out there anywhere?
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic