13215Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock straps stretchhhhh problem on Pea Pod

    Mar 26, 2006
      I find that it is not so much the stretch of the straps as the stretch
      of the hammock that can lead to problems like this. The solution is to
      have some extra stretch space under you when you go to bed...

      Rick

      ghman777 wrote:
      > Got my Pea Pod fastened to my hammock hanging straps. I get my Pod
      > snugged just right under me by sliding the Pea Pod end strings up my
      > hammock support straps with a special knot that stays tight after
      > sliding it. But during the night my hammock hanging straps keep
      > stretching under my weight which compresses the bottom insulation of
      > the Pea Pod making my bottom end cold. Get out- readjust the Pod, hop
      > in... 2 hrs later.. get out.. readjust.. argggg. Surprisingly, the Pod
      > strings dont move equally with the stretch of the hammock straps. Is
      > there a 'no stretch' strap or rope out there anywhere?

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic