13211Re: forgotten intro? Now Packgoats

  • J.D. Hoessle
    Mar 26, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "tanpuma" <tanpuma@...> wrote:
      > Is SkyDog a goat?

      No, sorry... I forget that not everyone knows my "Wonder Dog" -
      Mostly Border Collie. People always remember *HER*; but, can't seem
      to recall me...<g>...

      > THe best scenario is someone loans me a goat for "training"
      > purposes for my longer hike.

      Dawn was also asking about how to "rent" and try out hiking with a
      packgoat. There is another Yahoo Group - Look up "packgoat" here in
      Yahoo. There are some folks there who sell escourted trips Out West
      with different "levels" - distances, # of packgoats/people,
      easy/difficut, etc. I "think" there are also some packgoat folks Out
      East too. I did a bit of "lurking" on that Group and they are all
      very concerned about the well-being on their "pets" and seem to be
      very LNT conscious too.

      Doing a long / several days hike using a packgoat is definitely on my
      "To Do" list....! Talk about slack packing...<g>....!

      Perhaps.... With a bit of planning, some of us here could hook up with
      some of the packgoat folks for the education and experience....?

      Happy Trails,

      J.D.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic