13039Re: [Hammock Camping] Gearskin-Hammock-combo?

  • danefliedner
    Mar 13, 2006

      > but mabey you could concider a double hammock. that way, the user
      could lay on an undisturbed top layer, while the shoulder straps, etc,
      would be attached to the non load bearing bottom layer. just a
      thought or two. ...tim

      That sounds like a good idea. Rosaleen had similar comments, and that
      was my worry, too, which is why I wanted to poll the peanut gallery. I
      think a double hammock would probably work, sewing the straps onto the
      bottom layer, then using that (in hammock mode) to hold any additional
      insulation in place. Makes me wonder, though, if doing that makes it a
      bit of a moot point over just having a gearskin, since the additional
      fabric would weigh basically the same. Dane
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic