13038Hammocking the john muir trail

  • BOBMACDOWELL@WEBTV.NET
    Mar 13, 2006
      Has anyone on this list used a hammock on the john muir trail. I'm
      planning to hike the trail in mid july. Because of the elevation
      changes, ( above tree line, back down, back up) Setting the hammock up
      on the ground, carrying the extra ground pad Etc, etc. Is it feasible to
      take the hammock or is a tent a better choice for this venture. I've
      been hanging for 3 years now and have it pretty well dialed in. I would
      love to take the hammock, but if i'm going to have to set it up on the
      ground 80% of the time i might as well take the tent. Need some help
      here. Thanks