13022Re: Newbie with ?? re: couples hammocking

  • Craig
    Mar 10, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "mommyveggie27511"
      <MommyVeggie@...> wrote:
      > Has anyone shared a hammock with their mate for more than one
      > ? How did it go?? What brand and style did you use? He is six ft
      > 200 lbs. I am 5'3 and less than 140. We are thinking of using
      it on
      > sections of the AT. Any advice will be heavily weighed before we
      > the hammock.
      > Thank you,
      > mommyveggie

      I have tried to accomplish what you are looking into over a weekend
      hike in a Hennessy Safari (the largest Tom makes) and I can tell you
      that it was NOT a good experience. When one moves the other has no
      choice but to move as well. not to mention you tend to sweat alot
      where you two are making contact and that make whatever else you are
      lying on wet as well. Also, the mosquito factor. If you don't
      have a pad to lay in the hammock your butt is going to get bit and
      it's tough to keep two pads underneath each of you while you are
      trying to sleep. There is alot more than just what I have mentioned
      to think about as well, but, if you two are inseperable then give it
      a try. I would personally either purchase or make two hammocks and
      hang them side by side. Good luck with your experimentation. Craig
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic