12991Re: [Hammock Camping] Paraline

  • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
    Mar 8 5:13 PM
      > I want to lighten my hammock a bit. I have 1" poly straps looped at
      > each end of the fabric (typical homemade hammock) I am considering
      > using Paraline (parachute cord) to replace the straps from bed
      > material to the tree. > Any down side to this? Other than a few
      tangles.....

      David,

      That cord is attached to parachutes by being sewed to the canopy. Any
      knots that are tied reduce the strength of the cord. If you are
      lighter than I am this might work for you. I would try to hang close
      to the ground though. Also keep a close eye out for any abrasion from
      tree bark. You won't know if it will work for you unless you try it.
      Good luck with your testing.

      Brian
      T-BACK
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic